Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy to have my blog back!

Wow! It's been a long time. My blog has been out of commission. I have learned that it might be important to have many links to many websites. It appears that because I was pointing most of the links to my websites the robots with Google thought I was in violation. I didn't know that and now the blogger team has reviewed my blog and found that I am good to go! Yay!

I've done a lot since my last posting. My friend, Victoria Rose Martin, has helped me enormously with branding my business and now I am working to change all the pages in my website. It's a big job and I am an amatuer nerdette, but I really love creating pages within my website. Victoria has been teaching me so much and I am so gratefule for her support.

I just returned from INATS East. INATS stands for the International New Age Trade Show. I was grateful to have the opportunity to be a speaker for one of the pre-show seminars for fellow retailers. I spoke on tools and knowledge to sell crystals and gemstone jewelry in their retail shop. I've had close to 20 years experience selling crystals and gemstones and I've been teaching a Crystal Healer Certification Course since 2001 and variations on that course since the early 1990s. I had a good time sharing what I know and then I stayed the full day and was the M.C. I have a Leo Moon so it made me happy to stand on the stage and introduce the rest of the great speakers lined up. I was also able to introduce my friend, Victoria Rose Martin, the next day when she gave her talk on Web Design.

During the INATS trade show, I was stationed for hours at a time doing Angel Gemstone Oracle Readings at the New Age Retailer Magazine booth. If you are a retailer and are looking for spiritual or metaphysical vendors and articles to help you with your business, I highly recommend getting a free subscription to the magazine. And, if you sell a product that you want to be distributed nationally, then vendors . . . buy an ad! It has definitely helped with the sale of my 6 Guided Meditation CDs. I have used the New Age Retailer Magazine as a staple tool in my business, The Crystal Garden, for over 18 years. It was great to spend time with the Editor in Chief of New Age Retailer, Kathy McGee and other colleagues like James Wanless, creator of the Voyager Tarot.

I am also involved with a great trade organization called the Coalition of Visionary Resources which you can find at www.covr.net. I joined this organization about a year and a half ago. It has been one of the best things I could do to grow my business. I am part of the Retailer's Newsgroup and now I am even on the Board of Directors. Even with donating my time to the organization, I continue to learn, make new friends and develop further contacts that become win-win connections. If you have a visionary business, then join this trade organization. The membership fee is really inexpensive so it's a no brainer to become a member! There are so many benefits. Go look at their website and see for yourself. It's comforting and supportive to belong to an organization that has vendors helping vendors and retailers helping retailers throughout the country!

Well, that's the update for today. I should get back to tweaking my website for The Crystal Garden!

Blessings,
Margaret

No comments: