Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Home for the New Year!

I guess the Universe has decided I need an extended rest. Not that long ago I blogged about being Superwoman! Ha! That came back and bit me in the . . . Now I have acute bronchitis and I'm required to stop, rest, heal, nurture, blog, read books, crochet, rest, sleep, watch TV and movies, and recapture my essence. This photo is a picture of my rose hip tea. Read on . . . I talk about it further down.

My Mom's Birthday in Heaven is on January 6 so the lung and bronchial challenge can be related to the grief. I'm sure there is more. Perhaps I've agitated a few people so their negative thoughts about me can weaken my energy field. (Yes, being in a boss, president of an organization, a landlord, etc. can cause people to not agree with me or dislike me because of the business decisions that I must make for the highest good. Aaaah - such is life.) Overall, I am well liked and loved by many - Thank God/Goddess!

I believe in the middle road as my friend, Melissa, put it. I use antibiotics and other prescribed medication combined with alternative healing methods. While I'm resting, I do get to search within to uncover or discover how I manifest this pattern of getting ill at this time every year for about 12 years.

So, uncovering these various things plus more that I will not discuss on the Internet, helps me in the healing process and in my own personal and spiritual development. It's called self-observation. Self-observation is a tool to observe my habits, actions and reactions without judgement yet being consciously aware of them.

I also like to use essential oils and herbs to assist in the healing process. My good friend and business associate, Di Knuckle, in Sturbridge, MA owns Earth Spirits - An Herbal Apothecary. She saw my post on Facebook about being sick and she gave me some healing tips while reminding me to apply what I already know. She's sending me some Bronchial Brew and other good things. If you go to Sturbridge, go see Di and her fabulous store. I've taught there and I do hope to return there again. I really like that area and Di and her sales team are really fabulous.

I did take some photos to share with you about my adventures in healing. First, I decided to ear candle. It made a significant difference as it relieved my sinus headache that went along with the bronchitis. I even posted it on Facebook. It shocked some people I think. I understand everyone wants to look good on Facebook. OK, I can see that yet I also want to be me on Facebook. It's a great way to share ideas.

Anyway, removing the excess wax has always helped me clear out toxins and relieve pressure. The mango trees are in full bloom here. I live in an area called Mango Hill. There are groves remaining amongst the homes and backyards of my neighborhood. It seems a bit early for the mango trees to be in full bloom, but a friend of mine told me they bloom in January. So, perhaps it's a month early because it's like springtime here. As long as we don't have any heavy winds or severe drops in temperature it'll be a bumper crop this year. I'll have to learn how to make mango preserves and chutney. That'll be fun!

In the process of figuring out what else I could do, I decided to pull out my reserve of Rose Hips. I personally collected these rose hips high in the mountains in the valley of Durango, CO. My cousin, Maria, and I happily gathered them off the rose bushes by her home and neighboring homes along CR 203 in Hermosa, CO nestled in the valley where the Durango-Silverton Railroad choo-choos by. It's a piece of heaven in my cousins land. Anyway, after collecting the rose hips, we set them out to dry in the sun on a screen. I gathered them into this jar and pull out my stash when I don't feel very well. It's nurturing because of the high levels of Vitamin C, but also because of the good memories with my cousin who I love so much! I do hope to return to Hermosa for a visit soon Perhaps this summer Vincent and I could find time to run over to see her after INATS West in Denver in June.
Well, that's enough blogging for now. It's time to rest again. I love to play on the Internet, updating this and that yet balance will prevail. I'll enjoy a bit of time in my backyard under my 200 year old oak tree as I listen to the waterfall which flows into my pool while reading a novel. How delightful!
Happy New Year!
www.thecrystalgarden.com We do sell ear candles at the brick and mortar location of The Crystal Garden. Most health food stores like Nutrition Cottage in Delray Beach and Boynton Beach or Whole Foods (nationwide) sell ear candles.


No comments: