Monday, April 20, 2009

Gardening for the Soul

I've been enjoying my yard. Seedlings are growing. I've planted marigolds, bush string beans, cantaloupe, watermelon, zinnias, cosmos and sunflowers. My favorite flower is the sunflower. I brought seeds back from Tuscany about 5 years ago. When I first moved into this house I planted them all over my yard. Since then I've made it a tradition to keep them growing. Sunflowers are happy plants and make me smile.


On a metaphysical level, sunflowers are the perfect flower to activate the solar plexus. The yellow color and the happy energy provides a perfect activation for increasing joy and self-esteem. Hmmm . . . perhaps I could assign a flower for each chakra. Let's see









  • Crown - white calla lily



  • Third Eye - African Violet



  • Throat - periwinkle blue plumbago



  • Heart - pink roses



  • Solar Plexus - sunflowers



  • Navel - orange marigolds



  • Root - Red Geraniums

Gardening is grounding and yet highly spiritual at the same time. I am grateful I have a yard so I can pull weeds of the past and plant seeds for the future. I enjoy watering the gardening, fertilizing and nurturing each and every plant and tree. I am grateful!

No comments: