Thursday, March 13, 2008

Writing, coughing and working

It certainly is time for me to find the time to rest and relax. I keep acquiring this cough, releasing it and then it finds me again. Jeez Louise, I am really ready for it to be gone! I made myself a big pot of chicken soup so that always helps to nurture me.

I also made my ginger tea with honey and lemon. I have found that the trick to making a good cup of ginger tea is to bring the water to boil. While it's boiling, peel brown skin off the ginger. Remove the water from the heat and grate the ginger into the tea. Let is steep for 3 - 4 minutes. Get out your raw honey and pour it into the cup. Squeeze the half of one lemon into the cup and add the hot ginger tea to it and stir. Mmmm good! Soothing with some jazz. It really helps to break up the cough and sooth the throat.

I've been diligently working on my book. I am writing a book on crystals, spiritual healing and much more. I'll tell you a bit from time to time just to put a teaser out there. I am in the process of reviewing a contract with a fabulous large publishing house. I am so grateful and pleased. As soon as there is a signed deal and I've accomplished more on the book, I will let you know more. The goal is to have the book in the Fall 2009 catalog. Send me good writing vibes!!!

Finding balance is the trick, though. I still need to manage and work the companies that I am responsible for while finding time to rest, pay attention to my 94 and a half year old Dad, enjoy my sweetheart and my friends and still write. Oh yeah, sleeping is a good idea. Oh, don't take me wrong, I am not complaining. My type A personality thrives on this!

Time for me to take a walk on A1A in Palm Beach with my sweetheart!

All my best,
Margaret

No comments: